As summer comes to a close, we pack up our beach chairs, put away the flip flops and get back to our autumn routines. It has been a summer to remember here in Boston- sunshine and low humidity have made for some great sunsets at the Barking Crab and daytime lounges at M Street Beach. We hate to see it go… but we do love thick sweaters and brisk walks on Newbury Street..#silverlining
The Handle Bar has certainly had a summer to remember.
We opened our 2nd studio in the Fenway neighborhood, hosted a kick ass Summer Share competition, and were named Boston’s Best exercise class by the Improper Bostonian. We are ecstatic that our classes and studios are so well received by our riders and community, and want to continue bettering our facilities, equipment, and class offerings. We have listened to your feedback and suggestions and want to continue to improve your experience at The Handle Bar. This fall you’ll be seeing several changes for the better, at both studios and online!
1) Southie renovations – in September our home base studio in South Boston will undergo some minor renovations in the entrance, bike room, and restrooms. We think you’ll be pleased with the upgrades.
2) New website and booking system – Also in early Fall, we’re giving our website a facelift. Tired of rushing into the bike room to secure your favorite bike? You’re in luck. The new system will include a layout of the bike room and you will select and reserve a specific bike when you book your class. Front row riders – this means you better sign up early! The new website will also include a mobile version of the site for easy smartphone booking. And lastly, no need to worry about your account. All of your login information, packages, and visit history will remain intact.
3) Student Discount – we’re thrilled to unveil student pricing to all of our undergraduate and graduate students within the HB community and beyond. With a copy of your current transcript, you can purchase any of our class packages or unlimited pricing options at 20% off. The discount is only valid when you purchase in-studio, and cannot be combined with any other discount.
4) Price increase– Effective September 2nd shoes will be included with every ride! With improvements on both studios and significant class additions in September, we have a need to raise some of our pricing options by a few dollars. The single, 5 and 10 packs are increasing by the amount shown below effective September 2nd, 2014. The unlimited pricing options, 20 and 40 packs are not changing!
Single Class w/shoes – $24
5 Classes w/shoes – $115 ($23/class)
10 Classes w/shoes – $210 ($21/class)
20 Classes w/shoes – $340 ($17/class)
40 Classes w/shoes – $640 ($16/class)
1 Month Unlimited – $175
5) Labor Day Sale – We understand that increasing prices on some of offerings is bad news for you as a rider. To thank you for your continued support and loyalty to our brand and mission, we’re offering a 3-day sale good for 25% our existing pricing options. For this sale only, these packages will have no expiration date.. we encourage you to stock up! The sale details are outlined below:
Single Class – $20 $15
5 Classes – $95 $71.25
10 Classes – $180 $135
As always, we encourage feedback and questions regarding these changes and beyond. It is our mission to continue offering exceptional service throughout your Handle Bar experience. We believe that these updates are a necessary step to maintain the level of quality and consistency that you’ve come to appreciate.
Jess and The Handle Bar Team