Halley slays it as a Bar Staff Member at The Handle Bar Fenway. We look to her for the latest in style, good eats, trendy lingo, and the best selfie tactics. Follow her on Instagram.
I have a confession to make.
My name is Halley, and I am a snack addict.
Phew. I have been meaning to get that off my chest. Can’t we all agree to being personally victimized by snacking? It is a daily struggle. Often, I reach for the overly cheesy, extra salty or chocolatey variety which has not been forgiving on my love handles.
If you are a victim of snacking like myself, here’s one healthy option that will be sure to give you that extra fuel you need after a killer spin class. (Recipe courtesy of my kryptonite, the Pinterest of food and recipes, foodgawker.)
- 2 cups quick oats*
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop and your hands, drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Storing: Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a week or freeze for several months.