We are looking for a full-time studio manager to run operations, drive sales, and lead the community at our flagship, South Boston location.
As in all startups, each full-time team member wears many hats. This variability requires a versatile, flexible and adventurous candidate. On top of a competitive salary, the right candidate will gain experience in the rapidly expanding fitness industry, with uncapped opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Employer: The Handle Bar
Job Title: South Boston Bar Manager
Company Description: The Handle Bar is an indoor cycling studio with locations in South Boston, Fenway and Harvard Sq. The studio offers 45 and 60-minute cycling classes that challenge riders to an intense cardio workout. Fresh, energized playlists drive the classes and the culture. The fusion of music, work, and play is evident in every aspect of the brand. When a rider enters The Handle Bar, they are joining a community where self-betterment and enjoyment are as paramount as physical gains.
Job Description: The South Boston Bar Manager position is a critical component within a growing young company. The studio is the most highly trafficked of all HB locations, and seamless management is of utmost importance. Because of the growth and trajectory of our young company, the Bar Manager position is one of limitless opportunity. Initially, the selected candidate will be responsible for all studio operations, staffing, and maintenance of the facility. The 3 location company provides candidates the opportunity to contribute on a broader scale by planning and executing multi-studio events, marketing initiatives, and raising brand awareness. An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to self-motivate are musts.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Passionate about The Handle Bar brand, product, and community
- Charismatic and confident. Someone who enjoys engaging with riders and forging new relationships
- Business minded with the ability to understand the intricacies of the studios from the ground up
- Self-aware, the ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses
- Responsive to the needs of a team
- The ability to network and leverage resources to get sh*t done
- Solution oriented. Self motivated. Period.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Business Major preferred.
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
- 2+ years experience in the customer service industry (restaurant, hospitality, fitness, recreation, beauty/spa, etc). with management level responsibilities.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your resume please submit a cover letter that includes the following:
- Why do you want the position?
- What quality of yours will be the most valuable to The Handle Bar?
- Of the above qualifications, which items are the biggest ‘reach’ for you? Explain any gaps in your experience and how you could compensate for them.
- Desired Compensation
At the bottom of your cover letter please complete the following:
Carefully read the following four sentences and choose two that best describe you. Number them 1 and 2, with #1 describing your most defining characteristics. (There is no right answer here, just be truthful!)
- A) You place emphasis on accomplishing results, the bottom line, confidence
- B) You place emphasis on influencing or persuading others, openness, relationships
- C) You place emphasis on cooperation, sincerity, dependability
- D) You place emphasis on quality and accuracy, expertise, competency
Thank you! We will reach out to you directly to schedule an interview if your qualifications match our needs.